One cook's way to keep track of tasty meals

My Favorite Wines

Veuve Clicquot Champagne
La Crema Chardonnay
Rosenblum Zinfandel

What I'm drinking this week:
Gascon Malbec from Argentina

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunday Dinner

Tonight's dinner was reminiscent of what dinners used to be back when Scott and I had "normal jobs" and ate dinner together every night. Now with our opposite schedules, we are lucky to share one dinner together per week. It was nice to spend the day and evening together and enjoy a good meal.

Dinner
Roasted chicken breasts: I used the split chicken breasts with ribs, tossed them with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and roasted them at 400 for about 30 minutes. To serve, I cut them off the bone, and sliced on the diagonal.
Rice-a-roni: I know.... but Scott wanted it.
Sauteed veggies: I had yellow squash and zucchini from the garden sauteed with garlic, olive oil, red pepper flakes (spicy!), s& p. Scott had broccoli sauteed the same way, minus the spiciness.

I drank an Argentinian Malbec, Gascon. It is delicious, my wine of the week. Scott had a pinot grigio from Washington.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is ricks famous dessert? I been around a long
time & never had it!!
Chriss

Anonymous said...

Stef, I miss reading your new experiences in home cooking. You started something interesting, your fans are avid readers. Please, write more of your dinners, they inspire me. Nana