One cook's way to keep track of tasty meals

My Favorite Wines

Veuve Clicquot Champagne
La Crema Chardonnay
Rosenblum Zinfandel

What I'm drinking this week:
Gascon Malbec from Argentina

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Fish & Eggs

Monday
I had dinner with my parents the other night, and my dad was the chef. He prepared some delicious fish and jasmine rice. He added one red jalapeno from my mom's plant, and man, was that one pepper spicy! It added a nice kick to the meal. I prepared a light sauce to put on the fish. It was all very tasty.

Dinner
Mahi Mahi: seared in a hot pan and cooked for just minutes to keep in the juices
Jasmine rice: such a delicious kitchen staple, add a pinch of salt and the jalapeno for a bit more flavor
Sauce: 1 TB dijon mustard, some soy sauce, and olive oil. Whisk until blended and serve on fish, rice, potstickers....

Dessert was Rick's Famous Dessert that I am not quite ready to share with the world. Let's just say this: unexpectedly delicious.

Wednesday
Last night I got home from work around 8pm and Scott was just leaving to go to work. Sometimes I will eat dinner at the hospital, but last night's options were meatloaf and a chicken stew which just didn't seem appetizing as it was about 85 degrees outside. So I came home with a growling tummy and no idea of what to eat. Then the top shelf of the fridge spoke to me: eggs. I love eggs for dinner, but Scott is more of a breakfast in the morning type of eater. It was just what I wanted!

Dinner
Veggie Egg Scramble: I sauteed yellow squash, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, onion, and garlic until the zucchini was soft. I added 2 eggs whisked with a bit of half and half and let the eggs cook over low heat. At the end I tossed in some fresh basil and a bit of cheddar cheese. I served it with a piece of whole wheat toast and enjoyed a cold glass of chardonnay. Perfect!

No comments: