One cook's way to keep track of tasty meals

My Favorite Wines

Veuve Clicquot Champagne
La Crema Chardonnay
Rosenblum Zinfandel

What I'm drinking this week:
Gascon Malbec from Argentina

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Quinoa

I recently had a dish made with quinoa that was so delicious I thought about it for days. I was able to replicate the dish, and make some additions to make it a one-bowl meal, instead of a side.

Mediterranean Quinoa with Chicken
Onion and garlic sauteed in olive oil until softened
Add quinoa and toast in pan for 5 minutes
Add chicken stock and simmer for 20 minutes
Fluff with a fork

I added fresh basil, chopped sundried tomatoes, crumbled feta, and shredded chicken breast. It was delicious, and even good cold the next day as a salad.
A crisp glass of Domaine Ste. Michelle Brut sparkling wine was a fine accompaniment.

No comments: